Saturday, April 11, 2009

Walking Setback

I was hit with an upper respritory infection that set my walking back about two weeks. Everytime I tried to walk on the treadmill I walked for about 2 minutes and had to stop because of my terrible coughing fits. Once I finally started feeling better the weather started to break too so I've been able to walk outside. I really enjoy walking outside for many reasons; Mike will walk with me, it's much more like the walking I will do on the 3-Day and it's just so nice to walk and look at the signs of spring.

I'm heading to Florida with Ally and Mackenzie on Easter Sunday so I'll have to walk in the heat. That may be more like what it's going to be like in August but I'm not sure I'm ready for the 80 plus degree heat and the humidity. My current plan is to walk 3 miles on Tuesday, 5 miles on Thursday, 7 miles on Saturday and 6 miles on Sunday. I'll let you know what I end up doing.

Happy Easter to all!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy walking! Glad you're feeling better!